Friday, April 09, 2004

Isn't 'Happy Easter' an oxymoron for Christians? Happy Easter !

I'm happy, because I don't have to go to work for four whole days. And it's still 10 days before I starting driving the mobile library around ALL ON MY OWN. This is a big deal for me, because I have never, ever driven the bus without either a driving instructor or fellow library-person on board (to remind how to drive the bus, or to tell me how to get to the next stop). Thank goodness I can distract myself with study, assignments, whether or not to start a family in the near future, and how to replace my fence which got blown down last month.

We watched 'Cypher' on DVD last night. This SF/alternate reality movie spent very little time in the cinemas, and we hadn't gotten around to seeing it until now. Despite the fact that Lucy Liu was in it, it was good movie with an interesting plot. Shades of 'The Matrix' without the special effects and fancy kung-fu, and some similar themes to that of 'Total Recall' (without the special effects and the violence).

In other words, 'Cypher' is a plot-driven movie. There's a twist, which surprised me as much as that of 'Vanilla Sky'. My boy claims to have picked it up less than half-way through the movie, and but he still really enjoyed it. I ,myself, am Ms Gullible when it comes to picking out plot twists, so I didn't get it until 'Cypher' made it pretty obvious.

Probably the best part was watching our hero re-invent himself from nerdy boring guy to attractive, risk-taking guy - and there's a 'Clockwork Orange'-esqe scene in there too. An you know what? It's a love story too.

No comments: