Thursday, April 01, 2004

...and a tough afternoon it's been too...

1. I had to rescue the printer (and paper) from trying to produce 500-odd copies of a map, because some kids entered a really big number in the Copies field.

2. Another kid who didn't really know what he wanted to read kept asking me to find books for him on ..I dunno.. kittens...cars...monkeys in circuses...and whenever I found him a book the little bastard said he'd read it already.

3. I was rostered to be at the Information Desk for an hour and a half, from 3pm. This was bad enough, as it meant I wouldn't get my tea break until 4.30pm. What made it worse was that my boss - who not only made up the roster in the first place, but was supposed to relieve me at 4.30pm - didn't get around to relieving me until 5pm, when I reminded her. After a fifteen-minute tea break, she came and got me to take over again so she could send a fax. I was there, mostly doing photocopying for patrons, till the end of my day - 5.30pm.

4. The traffic was worse than usual. I don't know why, but ever since I started working at this place last July it's been taking me longer and longer to get to and from work. It's not seasonal, becase it was mid-Winter when I first started. In this part of the world (except Auckland), a one-hour commute is pretty bloody ridiculous.

5. Someone keeps parking really close to my driveway - less than the legal minimum distance of one metre - so that I can't just swan into my garage at the end of the day. It also makes it harder to get out in the mornings. And that car was parked really close this evening.

Just as well my boy brought home a large bottle of wine, and there's chocolate mud cake in the fridge.

No comments: