Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Extreme makeover possibilities

It's fascinating in a similar way that car crashes are fascinating, but less morbid because none of the players get killed (although there was that chinless Scotswoman whose cheek went all fat and yellow for a few months). I'm talking about the television show 'Extreme Makeover' of course.

If I were given the opportunity to go on the show and get 'done', what would I ask for? Well nothing, actually, because I don't like what I've seen of the in-between stage they go through (it's kinda ugly, not to mention the possibility of things going wrong).

- eye laser surgery. I'd had this done already. I went from obsessively wearing my contact lenses in order to avoid the milk-bottle bottom look, to not having to wear corrective lenses at all. So okay, if I hadn't already had the operation this is the one I would have chosen.

- leg-lengthening operation. The fantasy operation for me. Apparently over in China heaps of young Chinese women are undergoing some form of this operation in their quest for jobs. I haven't heard of it in the West though, and I couldn't be bothered with it by now, I've come to accept that my bum is far to close to the ground for a modelling career.

- anything to do with breasts. Nah. I'm okay there I think

- hair. It must be an age thing. I'm quite okay with my hair too - unless there is some way to stop hat-hair.

- fashion and makeup. As above, but if Trinny and Susannah were to offer me two thousand pounds to spend on clothes according to their rules, I'd probably go along with it.

No comments: