The purge has left my wardrobe almost bare (thanks goodness I'll still be well clothed for summer), leaving me with a pretty minimal winter wardrobe:
- two skirts (one of which I just bought yesterday)
- one dress
- no cardigans
- a really nice shirt I got at the Tempest closing down sale
- one coat (warm enough when it's 12 degrees Celsius but useless in the rain)
- one raincoat that has a thin poly fleece lining
- one cotton scarf
- the few cotton/acrylic hats I managed to finish in the last week
- no arm warmers/handwarmers/wristwarmers
- only cotton socks
- 1 polypropylene top
I knew I would need to find another warm layer to supplement my remaining coat (viscose, polyester etc) and raincoat, to survive this weekend's bone-chilling temps. I was resigned to having to buy...sigh...a puffer jacket.
Gawd I hate puffer jackets. Maybe it's slightly unreasonable, since they are at least warm, light and sensitive skin-friendly. I managed to find one at the Kathmandu sale, one thats only thinly padded with down and shaped so that I look like a healthy adult female rather than a cushion on legs. In a pale aqua. It does the job I guess.