Wednesday, February 15, 2006

He's so lovely

I'd been led to believe that the boy and I wouldn't be exchanging presents for Valentine's Day, and I wasn't too put out about it. It's pretty hard shopping for gifts when the buggy doesn't get into the doorway of most shops, and I'm not organised enough to order something online ahead of time. Just finding a decent greeting card took a while (I chose a card with a romantic picture of that lovely couple Shrek and Princess Fiona).

And then the boy rang me from work, asking whether I'd checked my emails lately. He'd sent me an Amazon gift voucher. Within the hour, I had chosen a bevy of Buffy books.

I'd actually intended to spend exactly the value of the gift voucher, but it's tricky when the cost of freight seems to vary depending of how much the books add up to. So I thought, What the heck, just order whatever I want:

"Slayer: The Last Days of Sunnydale" by Keith Topping;

"Why Buffy Matters : The Art of Buffy the Vampire Slayer" by Rhonda Wilcox;

"Reading Angel : The TV Spin-off With a Soul" by Stacey Abbott;

"Finding Serenity : Anti-Heroes, Lost Shepherds and Space Hookers in Joss Whedon's Firefly (Smart Pop series)" by Glenn Yeffeth;

"Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Radio Sunnydale" (music CD).

No more parenting books for me.

6 comments:

The Skirt said...

Yay for the boy, and double-yay for you! Picking what you want is always such fun. :-)

Watson Woodworth said...

Both Buffy soundtracks are quite good.
That's not even counting the Once More With Feeling soundtrack.
"They got the mustard ooooouuuuuuttttttt!!!!!!"

Violet said...

skirt: trouble, I ended up overspending 'cos it was too hard to choose...

nigel: I already have the first soundtrack as well as the DVD containing the musical episode, so this is the only one left.

Unknown said...

and, did you get him anything, then?

Violet said...

editter: no I didn't. I decided it would be too hard trying to figure out what he'd like and I'd only be spending his money anyway. Plus, I didn't even remember Valentines Day was coming up until about two days before...

He didn't even get Valentines Day nooky, because I was just too tired.

Anonymous said...

i love buffy
buffy is my hero