Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Carbs is the key

Don't let anyone tell you that feeding solids to help a baby sleep better at night, is just an old wive's tale.

Ever since I started giving Baby rice cereal (with or without the addition of vegetable or fruit purees) every day, she's been sleeping better. Not twelve hours straight or anything, but in 4- and 5-hour blocks instead of 2- and 3-hour blocks.

Unfortunately I haven't necessarily gotten any more sleep as a result, because some nights I just can't get to sleep even when I'm tired. Maybe I should increase my own carbohydrate intake.

3 comments:

Happy and Blue 2 said...

That's good news. Hope your sleep gets back to normal soon.
Happy Valentines Day..

Ms Mac said...

I know from experience that babies definitely do sleep better with fuller tummies!

Sometimes the old wives know their stuff!

Violet said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too. No doubt she'll backtrack later this week when we go away overnight, and again when she gets her first tooth, then when she get her first cold etc etc...

But it's good to see light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.