Sunday, June 20, 2004

Nelson - First day of the holidays and I'm already impatient

I'm the kind of person who, when she goes on holiday, wants to suss the place out as soon as she gets there. I like to find out what there is to do, where everything is, and where I can go next. I like to have an idea of what I'll do today, tomorrow and the next day. I'm not inflexible; I'm open to changing my plans if and when something more interesting comes to my attention.

The boy, however, is much more relaxed and unorganised that this. He likes to sleep in, take his time waking up, and ease into the day. If that means missing out on events that only happen early in the morning, so be it. It it means not having enough time to see much, so what.

I knew this might happen, so I'm not surprised. I'm determined though to change our difference in styles over the next two weeks. I don't want to look back on this holiday as a time when I wanted to do lots and didn't get to. Over the time we've been together, I think I've already moved a little to his way of doing things; it's high time he did a bit of changing too!

I've found a great little bakery for rolls, croissants and pies; it's the Tasty Tucker bakery, right next door to this Internet cafe. Strangely, I didn't come across any McDonalds on my morning walkabout. This is surely a very good sign.

2 comments:

DaisyBoo Blacksheep said...

Oh goodness yes... face the same problem with the other half who's content on whittling half the holiday away just sitting reading in the sun while I bounce around in frustration!

Violet said...

Perhaps it's a gender thing!