Saturday, June 05, 2004

I'm in the mobile phone club

After all these years, I now own my own mobile phone. I did have one in a previous job, but it was for after-hours support so it certainly didn't have pleasant associations for me. But I decided it would be nice to have one. Why? Because I don't have my own phone at work, and I'm never at my desk anyway - so it's really hard for friends and family to contact me. Because without one it's virtually impossible to have a private conversation during work hours.

Another reason I didn't get one before now was the imagined cost of buying and using one, too. But the boy bought one for me, because I'd mentioned several times in the last week. And now I have a teeny tiny Motorola and twenty five dollars of Prepaid talk time. I wonder how long that's going to last me.

2 comments:

DaisyBoo Blacksheep said...

Hey Violet... a friend of mine directed me to your blog because it looks amazingly similar to yours (Well, hurrah for templates! *grin*), I'm also in New Zealand (Wells to be exact) and, I also started at about the same time. Interesting coincidences? Come and drop me a visit sometime and you'll see... http://baabaablackcitysheep.blogspot.com Bye!

Violet said...

And we also have the same taste in templates!
Cool