Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I can feel a hassle-attack coming on...

With only 3 1/2 more days of work, including two half-days driving the bus, I'm feeling sooo busy. Before the end of Friday (about 4 half-days), and between desk duty periods of up to 1 1/2 hours at a time, I have to:

1. Take down a messy Arbor Day display (one staple at a time), and replace it with one about Matariki (Maori New Year)
2. Organise for someone to put up a Genealogy display on Monday
3. Remove a D-Day Anniversary display and try to avoid volunteering myself to put up a Montana Book Awards display
4. Collect all the library stats for children's desk, the branch library, the mobile library, the phone log and the information desk
5. Familiarise myself with the my new Monday night mobile library route, which starts the day I get back from holiday
6. Find various Large Print books for twenty well-read old folks who have nothing to do but read all day
7. Find some books on traditional Fijian houses for a kid's school project
8. Tell the unofficial children's librarian about some Library Week stuff I've volunteered her to do
9. And call five celebrities before breakfast

Actually, the last one's isn't quite true. I have to call two celebrities before they lose interest in participating in Library Week activities.

And then there's the non-work stuff I have to do before I go away, like:
1. call alarm monitoring place to tell them my new mobile number
2. call my brother to remind him to collect our mail while we're away
3. call my mother, 'cos she'll worry if I don't
4. return all my library books
5. make a packing list
6. pack
7. go to the gym twice
8. pay the builder

I have a poster of Munch's Scream beside my computer. I can sort of relate to that...



2 comments:

DaisyBoo Blacksheep said...

Oh yes... a picture, especially THAT picture really speaks a thousand words doesn't it?

Violet said...

Actually no, just one word - 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!'