Sunday, November 12, 2006

Soon to be upstanding

No longer content to rest on her bum, The Little Madam has started to get up onto her hands and knees and occassionally attempt to stand as well. She's not quite there yet - she still needs someone to prop her up against the sofa so she can pull everything off it onto the floor - but this afternoon when I pulled her to standing by her wrists, she liked it so much she demanded several encores.

TLM even tried standing up in her baby bathtub, which had me trying to formulate an emergency flooding plan.

It's probably going to mean a few disturbed nights, as she's sure to continue practising in her cot.

Still, I'm really quite excited about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. Pretty soon you will be going out for walks..

Angela said...

Get your running shoes on. Soon there will be no need for chairs, because you will have no time to sit down. I lost 5 pounds when my son started walking or should I say running. You are going to have a toddler soon.
How exciting!

LK said...

Those first couple of months when they are still really wobbly is so cute. I enjoyed having toddlers.

mad muthas said...

doesn't half put a strain on the back, though, having to be bent over most of the time. still - fantastic times - lucky you and lucky her!

Violet said...

Ooh I like the idea of losing a few pounds. It'll probably help take some of the load of my lower back...

Michael C said...

Walking is one more step (pardon the pun) towards independence. Soon she'll be wanting to make her own breakfast!
;-)