Saturday, November 18, 2006

Food fight

Today I've been going bug-eyed crazy-monster, because The Little Madam has been really acting up since yesterday afternoon. She whines and whines and all I can do is offer food and drink, sniff her bum in case she's got a pooey nappy and make sure she gets to bed nice and early.

Plus, her food-throwing habit has increased in intensity lately. For a while, it looked like it was more or less under control, but now she starts dropping food mere minutes into her meal.

When the kitchen floor starts resembling the "before" photo in a vacuum cleaner advertisment, I try to interpret that as a sign from Madam that she's had her fill. Or, she doesn't like what's on offer. But as soon as I start clearing up, I'll find her popping bits of food into her mouth which had been sitting on her bib.

It's possible that she finds my expressions of annoyance entertaining - but I've already tried simply ignoring her behaviour and it wasn't working anyway.

Perhaps it's just getting to me a lot more at the moment 'cos the boy is away on business, which means I've had little baby-free time (apart from when I'm working) for over a week. And maybe TLM misses her super-fun play-time Daddy, and is taking it out on me.

I'm wondering whether TLM acts up for the nanny...

7 comments:

Angela said...

My son does the same thing. I have a guide dog who you should not feed from the table, but my son purposely takes his food and drops it on the floor when my dog walks in the room. I can't believe he knows how to feed the dog from the table already. It drives me crazy. Yes and also as soon as I try to clean up his high chair he starts eating more. I think it is just something our little ones do to drive us crazy.

Kazzer said...

My niece is the same, but she accompanies the food throwing with Paddington 'extra hard stares'.

Anonymous said...

I think she's just very advanced and is going through her terrible two's, ha,ha..

Violet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Violet said...

I don't know about "extra hard stares", but dropping food and laughing about it is infuriating.

Anonymous said...

It's enough when they drop food on the floor. But when they do it while looking right into your eyes as if to say, "Wat U gunna do bish? Huh? Huh?"..

..that's what really gets me.

Violet said...

Wormbrain - Oh, I know what you mean!