Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sieve-like

For two months, I carried around in my head the date and time of The Little Madam's next appointment with the pediatrician. During that time, I rang the out-patient's desk repeatedly in hope of getting the time changed to a more nap-friendly one, finally succeeding after about a dozen calls. During that time, I decided to forgo a visit to a live Bill Bryson reading because it was on the same day as TLM's appointment.

So how the heck did I manage to forget all about the appointment when the time came?

6 comments:

Determinist said...

Andy Chilton went to see that talk, and posted about it on his blog, kapiti.geek.nz. He said it was good and he spent a lot on Bryson books. :-)

Sorry you missed your appointment - sounds like a bummer.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you could be so forgetful.
Anyways, I just noticed that my drivers licence expires today so I should go renew it, ha,ha..

Angela said...

A mothers memory

Violet said...

determinist: I've read every single Bryson book except the one about Australia. thanks for the link.

happy and blue2: it's obviously memories like mine that make diaries as essential as they are.

angela: worse than that - a mother-with-terrible-memory's memory.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I did go and see that (thanks for pointing it out determinist). It was a really good hour or so and I got his signature too. Now I should actually read the book :-)

I have a bad memory too, but if there are just a few appointments to remember, I kinda force myself and rarely forget.

Violet said...

andy chilton: I've got to say that normally I'd never forget appointments either, even though I've always had a terrible memory.