Monday, February 21, 2005

nudity as art

As someone who once avidly attended life drawing sessions, I used to get a few jokey comments about whether any of the other artists (I use this word in the loosest meaning, since the term includes myself) turned up just to perve. My rebut was always that you never knew what kind of model you would get - one evening it would be a male dancer, another an over-endowed, middle-aged woman. People who went to perve would be disappointed most of the time.

Anyway, what I was getting around to was these two articles in this morning's Stuff. The first one is about Koko the sign-language-speaking gorilla's interest in women's breasts. The other one is about a strip club which has got around local anti-nudity laws by pretending to be some kind of life-drawing studio.

3 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

Since I think Koko is female, does that make her a beastial lesbian?(since homosapiens aren't her own species)
I would love to hear Jeff from BBC's Coupling respond to this one.

Frally said...

You have reminded me of a life-drawing class we had in high-school where a rather attractive young lady modelled for us. All the boys in the class had to leave at the end with their bags and jackets strategically placed. ;)

Violet said...

Nigel: I'm pretty sure Koko is female too. Maybe she's wondering why her own boobies are relatively small.
"Coupling" - what a fascinating name for a show...

Frally: somehow I don't think high school boys and female nude models would be a good mix.