Wednesday, February 16, 2005

An embarrassing incident involving cherry tomatoes

I was sitting there on a bench in a crowded and trendy street, munching on my home-made cheese 'n' lettuce 'n' tomato roll. They were cherry tomatoes, sweet and juicy and placed in the sandwich in halves.

It was the third or fourth bite that did it - tomato guts squirted all over my face, my chest and my lap. Who would have thought that such little fruit could contain so many seeds? Or that those seeds would be so hard to remove? They sure are sticky little buggers. Wiping had no effect at all on my clothes, so I had to pick them out of my top and skirt one at a time. It really took a long time, because I just kept finding more and more. I even found one under my left boob - how could it have got there? I'm sure I risked looking as though I was having a quick fondle in public; I had no choice but to manhandle them in order to ensure there weren't any more.

So that's another thing to add to my list of lunch ingredients to beware of; the other one is corn in your toasted sandwich - those kernels are hot.


p.s. in case you needed to know, tomato juice left in your clothing is completely visible to the naked eye.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Try getting pomegranate seed stans out of a white shirt. Practically impossible

Anonymous said...

Trivia:

Apparently tomato juice is a useful way of removing skunk smell.

Mind you it didn't work the last time I tipped a glass of tomato juice over some nervey dweeb at a nightclub!

8-)

Violet said...

There are two reasons I never wear white:
1. its not as slimming as black
2. if I do wear white, I will spill something on it. Something that stains.