Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Quickly losing my career focus

The problem is that we've been advised to plan our courses for the whole MLIS programme, especially if we plan to study part-time over 3-4 years. Okay, that itself is not the problem. The problem is that, I don't know for sure which elective courses will be scheduled for which trimester, after 2004. And of course I have to ensure that I don't select two courses which are on at the same time.

I am going to contact the programme director, for sure. But actually I'm no longer sure which electives I want to take (we can take four) i.e. what kind of librarian career I want to aim for. I'm keen on the Reference course because I think I want to be a reference librarian. But I'm also interested in the Digital Library course because I like using electronic resources, have some IT background and am interested in web content management. And I really want to do Art of the Book because I've always been interested in books as objects. But I should really do the Business Information course because it'll be useful in most corporate library jobs. What about Cataloguing? Surely it's important in all library jobs? Arrgh!

No comments: