Thursday, January 01, 2009

last night at the beach

Today was our last day here at the beach; by lunchtime tomorrow I expect to be home again.

While I'm not looking forward to the end of our holiday because we'd been looking forward to it for about two months, I reckon I'll be glad to be home again.

TLM too - even though she's absolutely loved being in the pool every day and having both parents to play with all week, she's said that she wants to be back in "the old house". She probably misses the rest of her toys, her friends and the much cooler temperature of her bedroom. The bedrooms here are damned hot, and the mattresses are a little bit hard. Although having a dishwasher is pretty damned cool.

My holiday highlight is - still - probably the miniature train ride (and I'm not even a trainspotter). I don't know what the boy's highlight was, but my guess is it was teaching TLM to walk on her tip toes in chin-deep water and generally having a splash-tastic time with her. As for TLM, it's either the daily dips or the Maisy pop-up book that opens up into a dolls house.

Happy New Year.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy New Year Violet and family!

DOTH spent the whole time we were at the beach in Australia earlier in the year complaining about how she preferred New Zealand and having her own things around her- but sure enough, once we were home she wanted to straight back on holiday. This is why sometimes we call her Contrary Mary. Still I've really been enjoying the fact we cam go on holiday with her which we really couldn't, at least not, enjoyably for the first few years & it's good it seems like you can now with TLM too

Amanda said...

Doh! That should say "can" not "cam"

ananya garg said...

happy new year violet!

Violet said...

mtnw: I'm already thinking about our next family holiday:-)
I reckon it would be fun to holiday with another family, 'cos it means TLM will have someone to play with already - and so with the grownups.

anyana garg: yeah you too :-)

Watson Woodworth said...

Happy New Year to you.
Of course, you all got to ring it in with sandy beaches and that does sound pretty happy.

Violet said...

nigel: ahem...I did not even make it to midnight. I was in bed by 10.30pm.

Angela said...

Happy new year!

Your vacation sounds like a great time.

You should definitly buy a dishwasher for your home.