Sunday, January 25, 2009

In a spin

TLM is having her nap - I should be cutting out my fabric to make that dress I've been meaning to make for the last month, or re-starting my yoga habit, or something. But I don't want to do either of those things because, lately, I get dizzy when my head goes below my waist.

I don't know whether this is a symptom of a bug, or because my sleep has lately been disturbed by strange and...um...disturbing...dreams, or because of the hot weather (I have low blood pressure so it's not unusual to feel dizzy getting up from a hot bath). But it's very disconcerting.

Unfortunately, being light-headed won't get me out of cleaning the house.

9 comments:

LK said...

It'll only get you out of cleaning the house if you faint right in front of your other half, not an easy thing to do on cue unfortunately.

I blame the heat. I too have low blood pressure and I'm normally fine but recently I've been blacking out heaps and I think it is a mixture of too hot, not enough fluids and terrible sleeps. My housework awaits me too..

Violet said...

leo: yeah but your housework gets done by your hubby doesn't it? Or am I thinking of Cesca?

Kazzer said...

you could be pregnant....

Angela said...

But being light headed will get you a few extra minutes to sit and relax.

Violet said...

kazzer: nah. You have to have sex to get pregnant.

angela: yes, by falling over ;-)

LK said...

My husband and housework??? Definitely not me and Cesca's other half is just learning to walk again so not her either. Actually, I know who you mean - Frally. She married that one in a million clean freak husband man person. Lucky thing.

Violet said...

leo:ah yes, Frally. Lucky cow.

Anonymous said...

You sure you're not suffering from low blood sugar? Heat and low blood sugar don't mix - lately I've been scoffing a muesli bar or biscuit when I get home after work to get over the "shakes", even if I've had my usual huge lunch.
Maybe it's the thought of housework keeping you awake? I don't do much of it so I get to sleep fine! :-P

Violet said...

desiree: low blood sugar? With a sweeth tooth like mine?