Saturday, January 24, 2009

black and tan

When it comes to sunshine and tanning, I have a problem that is different to most peoples'.

Some people worry about the risk of skin cancer. Other people fret that they can only choose between two skin colours - pink or white. I worry about looking like an easy jigsaw puzzle.

See, my arms are almost black; my upper legs and torso are that sallow-white that you see on Chinese folk who truly shun the sun; my face and lower legs are something in between; my shoulders are off-sallow-white.

This is fine if I'm showing just my arms, or just my legs.

But I don't see myself swanning around in a bathing suit any time soon. Creeping would be more like it.

3 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

Maybe if you tanned with long evening gloves on.

Angela said...

You could make your own swimsuit that way you could choose what to expose.
I am sure it would be an interesting suit.

Violet said...

Nigel: yes I could...I remember coming across an advert for swimsuits that let in UV rays, meaning you could wear it and get an all-over tan. Maybe they make t-shirts and dresses out of the same stuff.

angela: it wouldn't be just interesting. It would be bizarre!