Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You're soaking in it *

After yesterday morning, I became convinced that The Little Madam was actively "holding on" whenever I sat her on the potty, and saving her poos and wees for when she was off it. That thought happened right after she fought her way off the potty, only to deposit a poo as big as one of Obelix's menhirs, into her pull-up, about 5 seconds later.

So I decided that she had a lot more bowel and bladder control than I'd previously thought. The obvious answer was to put her in big girl underpants and see what happened.

What happened, was that she went through 5 pairs of undies in about 1 1/2 hours. And every single time, I accidentally stepping into her puddle. After that, I ran out of knickers and put her in a nappy, and washed my feet. And then I had a wee lie-down on the sofa (luckily the boy was home by then).

* a reference to an old, old television advertisement for Palmolive dish detergent, supposedly so mild it was good for your hands. Yeah, right.

4 comments:

Angela said...

There is just no perfect solution to potty training

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose one of these would help?

http://www.sewerhistory.org/images/pr/pr01.jpg

No Milk Please said...

this is pretty interesting that your little one is working to foil you actively. i think that i don't envy you at this moment :)

Violet said...

angela: nope :-)

desiree: she'd probably want to sit on it, but I doubt she'd be up to literally pooing or weeing on the move though!

no milk: she's a crafty kid. Just to postpone naptime, she'll pipe up in the middle of Twinkle Twinkle and ask to use the potty. And that's just after she'd been on it, in preparation for naptime...