Saturday, January 26, 2008

Givin' the guilts

The boy often accuses me of trying to guilt our daughter - you know, like "well if you're not going to sit on the potty then I guess you'll just have to wear a nappy...like a baby". (I know it's probably wrong, but I guess it runs in the family). Anyway, up till now she seemed too young to be affected.

But I think she's now old enough to get the guilts.

Earlier today, I let her play in the bathtub, because it's burning-ly hot outside and we have no shade. And when she wee-ed in the bathtub just a few minutes in, I wasn't able to completely hide my irritation.

Well, tonight before bathtime the poor darling insisted on sitting on the potty, and wouldn't get off to have her bath. But when I suggested we skip the bath, she happily hopped off it to get her night-time nappy on. She must've been really worried about the possiblity of another bath-pee.

Ah, bless.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Guilt sometimes is a good thing

Violet said...

Actually, I think it's backfired this time. More details in the latest post...

glomgold said...

I can't even imagine how to start potty training a child...