Friday, May 28, 2004

Work whines

In three weeks time, I will be on the verge of my holiday. And in less than two weeks time, A will be back from her world trip which means that I will no longer be on the library bus four days out of five. This is significant for two reasons:

1. I will be able to dress in clothes and footwear which are quite impractical for doing the bus run. I'll be able to wear my flashy boots, and skirts even. It must be the Trinny and Susannah influence.

2. After A gets back, I will not have to do the Thursday morning bus run any more (unless the roster changes, which it might). This means that lust-lorn Mr M will not be able to gaze at me (his object of lust) any more. Whew!

I'm getting my first performance review on Monday. I really really hate performance reviews. No matter how many positive comments are in there about my work, there's always something in there which I can improve on. This is no doubt par for the course for most employees. I, however, am a bit sensitive with criticism, even when it is wholly constructive. That's just one of those personal foibles of mine (I just love that word, foible).

I can see already that I'll get one of those remarks about how I should be more proactive. I know I can be proactive; just that many tasks are too uninteresting to me, for me to be proactive about. I was the one who thought of creating a bookmark for newcomers to chicklit, after all. Too bad no-one liked my idea of celebrating Library Week by coming to work a la librarian (hair in a bun, granny glasses, tweed skirts - even the guys).

No comments: