Tuesday, May 25, 2004

It's time for one of those positive-thinking lists

Because I've been a bit down lately, I'm compiling a list of things I should be thankful for or happy about:

1. I'm about to get a niece
2. I have two weeks holiday coming up
3. My gym workouts are working, and I can now where sleeveless tops without shame (except it's now verging on Winter)
4. I can wear full-length boots and they look damn good
5. I'm an A-student (though there's been only one assignment thus far)
6. My boyfriend is still yummy and still claims he'd drink my bathwater
7. My ears are clean and wax-free
8. I'm confident that I can get a better, and better-paid, job if I want to.
9. My mother hasn't asked to live with me yet, and it's my brother's duty anyway
10. I've got new friends (as well as the old ones)

Better stop there, before the gods come and take me away. (Umm..that's supposed to be the reason why Chinese parents don't ever praise their children in front of them; in case the gods punish the parents for their pride by kidnapping the offspring. Either that or I really can't make 'em happy.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the list! Today I am thankful for 2 hours to myself, a new book (Eats Shoots and Leaves), last night's crazy dream and that a friend said 'take a look at this blog...'

Violet said...

Cool!