Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Taking the scenic route home is turning out to be a mood-lifter

Last night, for the first time, I decided to take an indirect route home. I figured it would only add 5-10 minutes to my homeward journey and (for a change) the car wouldn't be idling for much of it.

So I was really pleased when I found that it didn't take any longer than when I take the direct route - the one with all the bottlenecks. I was so happy that I breezed through my gym session and wasn't grumpy at all. It's now mid-afternoon on the following day, and I'm still not grumpy. This is a big thing for me; grumpiness has been dogging me for months.

I was all happy and positive and chatty this morning at my class, too, and no longer felt negative about my career choice. I'll still be watching the job ads, but without that sense of desperation.

Being a Libra, I'm supposed to expect swings of mood and opinion - up until now I thought it was only my opinions which were subject to the see-saw movement; now I realise that's not all.

No comments: