Saturday, May 29, 2004

That documentary on David Lynch

I was watching Pretty as a picture last night, the doco on Lynch. I was a bit disappointed at how boring it was. The highlights were the excerpts from his very early short films, Eraserhead (still my favourite), Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks and Lost Highway (the most recent of his films which was mentioned in the documentary). Other than that, the only interesting bit was the sight of Lynch looking like a cross between a rockabilly musician and a member of The Cure.

Maybe if Lynch had directed a documentary about himself it would have been much more fun to watch.

It has, however, reminded me that I would really like to rent the videos/DVDs of the Twin Peaks series. Back in the 90's, I only managed to see the very weird and wonderful pilot movie (on video); I hadn't been able to receive the channel which screened the series and never got around to getting someone to tape it for me. Or maybe I can get the boy to buy the DVDs for an early birthday prezzie...

No comments: