Thursday, May 27, 2004

Libraries - the good, the funny and the dodgy

I'm in a pleasant mood today. I've decided that I have made the right choice in doing what I'm doing. I just have to be patient and remember what it's all about, and stop eating cake and sweets all the time (it's probably what's making me tired all the time).

Library humour - here's an article about the new alphabet, which is a chortle-inducing exercise in political correctness. Brought to you by the Warrior Librarian.

I have an admirer. Mr M is a regular patron of the library bus; he was ever so concerned one Thursday morning when my shift was taken over due to my being sick (actually I had to take my mum to the doctor). Next time I saw him, he was all smiles and put his hand on my wrist as he told me he hoped I was feeling better. This morning, Mr M asked me whether I live in the area - his disapointment was visible when the answer was 'no'. He admitted he was hoping to come and visit me. I told him that my boyfriend would not appreciate the competition.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Mr M is seventy years old, has never been married and currently works part-time as a caretaker at a local primary school? Anyway...

'What about A**? She's married but she's more your age', I suggested. Apparently A** is too old for him (she's in her forties I think).

It was all very sweet until, just before he left, he boldly said that I 'excite' him...