Monday, May 31, 2004

The ex-wife

We decided that we want to go to New York for my holidays, because the boy wants to see his daughter and I want to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art (amongst other things). It'll be expensive due to the exchange rate, and slightly risky due to the possibility of being hijacked and crashed into a tall building (or similar), but it'd be damn exciting. And it's summer over there too.

There is one small obstacle. The boy's ex, and the mother of his daughter, objects hideously to my presence in her city. This is because he and I got together really soon after the two of them split up, and she therefore has lots of bitter and twisty feelings about me. Other than that, it seems to me that she's being utterly unreasonable. He is the litle girl's father, after all, and it isn't even as though I was planning on visiting her with him. I was expecting to be wandering around a museum, art gallery or department store while he and his daughter get re-aquainted. And that pisses me off a little, that she can make such a fuss and he'll actually take notice of what she wants even when it makes no sense.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Thanks for sharing, Andrew. But where on earth do I draw the line between cutting some slack and not being a doormat?