Thursday, May 13, 2004

like a petulant child

I so hate being told off, especially when it was completely called for. Like today, when I had an emergency and called work to say I wouldn’t be in for the morning at least. I was supposed to take the bus out this morning, and it was a full-on day event-wise, so my call was disruptive to say the least. Apparently there were fights, missed meetings and messed schedules – maybe even swear words. I did have a good excuse, really. But yeah, I did mess up by not telling them earlier in the day; maybe if I had they would have been able to sort something out more tidily (less arguing, postponed meetings and rearranged schedules).

So when this morning’s mobile librarian replacement confronted me to tell me what I did wrong, I felt like I was a bad person. She was right and I was wrong, but I couldn’t take the criticism on the chin. It might have something to do with fear of failure, averse-ness to risk-taking and occasional defensiveness. I blame my mother, of course.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Hi Faith. How do you mean that you aren't there any more?

Yes I watch Angel too. Unfortunately the tv channel which screened Angel, went off air at the end of Season 3 (I think. Its the one where Connor has imprisoned Angel in a clear coffin on the bottom of the ocean). We managed to get hold of recordings of the following season and a half, but nothing since then...