Friday, July 24, 2009

This time next week I might be shouting

I might complain a lot about my mum always ringing me up and nagging me to get back to the doctor's, but it works. The nagging, that is. I went back to the doctor's this morning, just for a follow-up to make sure that I really am getting better, and although my virus and bacterial infections are pretty much down and dusted - I still have a way to go with the coughing, wheezing and raspy hoarseness.

So now I have a course of prednisone, which I think is some super-steroid to help supplement my asthma medication. Hopefully when my voice returns, it will still sound female.

On the other hand, I've heard that many men are very attracted to women with deep, husky voices.

2 comments:

Antoinette said...

I mentioned in a previous comment that my husband had this ridiculous virus and the sore, achy throat -- Prednisone for a week is what made it all better. The most unfortunate side effect is that he now believes Prednisone can make anything better. I hope it works for you!

Violet said...

Is your husband asthmatic too?
I tend to think any drug that's prescribed to me will make me better, though I do try to resist asking for them.