- don't wash your hair when it's that time of the month
- wear more clothes when it's cold. No, another layer, and make it a woolly one
- don't let TLM play with cold water if it's a cold day or if she's poorly (obviously doesn't apply to me because I don't play with water)
- drink plenty of hot lemon and honey if you've got a cold (this, I still unreservedly believe in)
- don't let your head get cold
- don't have cold drinks with hot food
Over the last two weeks I've been sat on the couch in my PJs, watching home remedy recipes being demonstrated on morning TV. Some of them rely heavily on whisky, which would only make me go bright red in the face and then fall over wheezing.
The others make much use of raw onions, unbelievably large amounts of raw garlic, lemon juice and various spices. I don't know if I'd want to go down that route unless I'm sure they'll work - they may or may not boost my immunity, but no-one would be willing to stand close enough to me to expose me to their germs anyway.
Do you have home remedies that really work?