Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fourteen months old today


Today, exactly one day before I turn 42 (horrors!), The Little Madam turns 14 months old.

She isn't at all bothered by the prospect of getting older. She's too busy learning new ways of getting from a lying-down position to a sitting-up one. Her current favourite is to roll over onto her tummy, then push back with her arms unil she lands on her bum. She only practises this when 1) I'm trying to change her nappy, and 2) when I put her down for a sleep.

Right now, life with TLM feels mostly pretty easy - she still resists naps of course (she wouldn't be TLM if she didn't), but at night sleeps for around 11 hours. She smiles lots, is great at keeping herself entertained and is much less likely to cry when a well-meaning stranger tries to play with her.

Every day I try to take her out somewhere and show her something of the world. One day, the prospect of cruising the supermarket, visiting her Poh Poh or looking for books at the library will probably bore her to tantrums, but right now these are all exciting adventures.

At last I can honestly live the cliche say that it's great fun have a little 'un.

10 comments:

cinnamon gurl said...

Noooooooo... never say things are easy! That's when everything changes (or at least that's what's happened to me the few times I've thought things were not too bad).

Anonymous said...

It's nice that she is into the excited about everything stage..
And Happy Birthday a day early. Two days early in Canada..

Violet said...

cinnamon gurl: if you're right, then I was unintentionally wise in always having a negative perspective during TLM's firs year...

happyandblue2: thanks for that really expensive birthday present you're going to send me from Canada.

Rainypete said...

14 MONTHS ALREADY?!

Sorry, just realized that means that my little guy is almost there too (2 weeks). I have waaayyyyyy too much fun with him and his sister.

Happy Birthday. Maybe you need to take her to the mall to buy you a gift!

Violet said...

rainypete: y'know, that's not a bad idea. My own mum used to tell me on my birthday that I should get her a gift because she gave birth to me. And it worked for her too!.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like alot of fun. FYI The upcoming "Terrible Twos" are a myth. My little girl is 2 1/2 and she is a ham.

Angela said...

They grow up so fast... does that mean I am getting older fast too? No, mommys stop ageing once they have children even if they feel older.

Violet said...

wormbrain: well that's nice to know. I certainly haven't been looking forward to hearing "no" all the time.

angela: I suppose it depends on the person - you sound like you're going to be an ageless mum :-)

Scholiast said...

Happy birthday! It's still 12th over here :)

Buffy said...

Gosh, this photo makes me very broody.