Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bullet points


  • I had a quick look at the preview of new Kiwi movie, Black Sheep, on You Tube and it looks like fun. Especially the catchphrase, "Violence of the Lambs".

  • The Little Madam has learned a new word. After several viewings of a Wiggles DVD called Toot Toot!, this afternoon she poked me in the eye several times and gleefully exclaimed "Eye! Eye!".

  • I'm currently enjoying a book called Dime Store Magic, by Kelly Armstrong. It's one of the boy's fantasy novels, but isn't full of unpronouncable names with too many consonants and not enough vowels. The world it's set in has demons, half-demons and a generations-old feud between female-only witches and male-only sorcerers. It's probably how Charmed would have been if it hadn't been an Aaron Spelling production.

  • I'm having trouble leaving comments on some people's blogs. Is anyone else? Once I click the "Publish" button, I get a pop-up screen full of html-ish error messages. So if you didn't get a comment from me today, I did try.

  • The boy and me have been invited to a Wii challenge this weekend. I think we'll do well in the ten-pin bowling, but the tennis won't exactly be a walk in the park. The last time (and the first time) we played doubles tennis on Wii, I actually experienced muscle fatigue in my serving arm.

  • That's all folks, until I can produce another worthy-ish brain dump.

7 comments:

Geekery said...

Black Sheep looks woolly good...

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Good luck in the Wii challenge!

(and I'm still giggling over "how Charmed would have been if it hadn't been an Aaron Spelling production.")

Anonymous said...

I've had the same problem in commenting. Grrrrr..

Good luck at your tournament..

Watson Woodworth said...

Is it on blogs that have gone through "The Change"?

Angela said...

Good luck hope your arms don't get sore

Kazzer said...

Great book, but isn't it the 3rd in the series after 'Bitten' and 'Stolen'? I like the latest one 'Haunted' the best.
What's a Wii competition?

Violet said...

onscreen: ha ha, very punny.

lumpyheadsmom: thanks, we'll do our best. Apparently the hostess likes to run around like she was on a real tennis court - good thing they've got a large living room.

happyandblue2: a pain isn't it? You spend all that time thinking of something witty to say and then typing it in, only to lose it.

nigel: I don't know. At first I thought it was happening with Haloscan comments too, but my short-term memory is crap so I can't be sure. It could be, I suppose.

angela: if it makes my arms sore, then it's probably doing something good for my biceps and triceps :-)

kazzer: yes it is, but as long as it works as a standalone novel I don't care. You don't know what Wii is? It's the latest thing in gaming consoles, which allows you to pretend you're doing the real thing - in the sports games it does, anyway. Ask Taffy, I bet he's heard of it.