Saturday, January 08, 2005

What's going on in my head today

We're babysitting tonight, for my brother and his partner. They don't have a DVD player, but apparently they're leaving us something on video. I won't be telling the boy that they're also leaving us a bottle of wine (which he will scoff) and the game Civilisation on their computer.

One of those niggling questions which aren't at all important but which bother me anyway - when Darla (of BtVS and Angel) was first turned into a vampire by the Master, she was dying of a syphilitic heart condition. Being really ill and all, she wasn't at all pretty to look at and surely her blood would have tasted a bit off too. So why the hell did he choose to turn her?

I spent about an hour going through some crinkled clothes which I haven't worn since last summer. Thinking there'd be no point in ironing any item which didn't fit me any more, I tried them on first. I ended up with very little to iron.

It sure is hard to go to the gym if you haven't been for about two weeks.

I had another laundry mishap. I have a towel which is pretty much falling to pieces but I won't throw it away because I have so few towels. Every time I put it in the washing maching, the rest of the load ends up covered in little pink fluff balls. It is just about impossible to remove all the little pink fluff balls from a polar fleece jacket. Somehow, I am too stingy to spend ten bucks on a new towel (thus minimising future laundry fluff) but not too stingy to spend ten bucks on a second-hand Buffy novel.

3 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

The Master did seem kind of nasty. Bat nose, fruit-punch mouth, living in the sewer. He seems like a Junkie-Biter. Had he not been stuck in some underground church, there would be legions of vamp-crack whores running around the city streets.

Casyn said...

I like your thinking. Books are far more important than fluffy new towels. Especially Buffy books. :-)


The only reason I can think of is the Master had been stalking her for a while. Or maybe had a big dusty book that told him to do it. I guess we'll never know.

Amanda said...

I think the stalking theory fits.Its not always just about the taste or a purely sexual sort of thing for vampires in the Buffyverse-remember Spike vampirized his mother when she was very ill- perhaps the Master was attracted to Darla's "essence" and saw that she would be very powerful as a vampire (as she was). But very likely the script writers had not really thought it out at all. As much as I love it the Buffy mythology is not always internally consistent & has some very large holes in it when you start to examine it too closely.