Friday, December 31, 2004

A year is not a very long time

No doubt just about every journal-blogger will be writing a "Looking back at 2004" post, but I have New Zealand time on my side - perhaps I could be one of the first...

In 2004:

- I started library school
- I became licensed to drive a bus
- My income increased so much that I was now able to buy myself clothes sometimes
- The boy told me it would be nice to have kids together
- We went on our first holiday together for longer than a weekend
- I saw my first real, live whale
- I gained a niece
- My blog got mentioned in the newspaper, and it looked like people were actually reading it on a regular basis
- Finally, after many applications and interviews, I got a new job close to home

Bloody hell. I haven't managed a very exciting list, have I?

2 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

Got me beat.
Started out emotionally flat on my back, came back, had a fling with a very intimidating woman, became a bartender without a bar to tend, gave up my job and fell off the world.
Beter to look forward to 2005!

Violet said...

Well, yours has certainly been more dramatic than mine...