Sunday, December 19, 2004

Square eyes

We kind of went overboard on the DVD-buying this weekend. With The Shining (not the Stanley Kubrick version), The Singing Detective, Angel Season Three and Buffy Season Four Part Two still to view, you'd think that we'd have no reason to go out and purchase more.

But the collection has now been bolstered up to include The Return of the King (special extended DVD), a trio of trendy action movies (for the boy's mystery Christmas present), Band of Brothers (which I had to get once the boy told me that was what he really wanted for Christmas) and The Office (both seasons, and only because I told the boy that's what I really want for Christmas).

I've utterly lacked motivation to study this weekend, mostly because I've been thinking about the latest assignment and I don't even know where to start (I have to write a research proposal, but first I have to pick a publishing house and find out everything about it in order to define a problem which the research would solve). So I've been watching a lot of original Star Trek, Angel and Return of the King.

You know, it's not true that I'd be bored without a full-time job.

6 comments:

Casyn said...

Procrastination is an excellent past time! Bordem should only occur when we have no choice but to be bored, otherwise it's our own fault. So I think you'd find it easy to fill your life with new thigns to do, or perhaps old things you've been meaning to do. :-)

Return of the King extended edition is excellent! Some of the extras are a bit too emotional, but that's understandable. Love it all!

Amanda said...

I'm feeling an urge to rewatch every series of Babylon Five (again). I must be mad (as well as geeky beyond redemption). I hardly have time to breathe at present.

Violet said...

Casyn: One day the boy will let me be a housewife and I'll use all that cleaning 'n' cooking time to watch DVDs, read, write and paint. One day...

Make Tea: When you don't have time to, is probably the best time to do it. It'll relax you.

I haven't seen Babylon Five. Good, is it?

Amanda said...

I've tried being a house wife and now I love going to work. However cute and loveable a certain person/toddler may be its nice to have a break from being around someone who spends all day running round SHOUTING and looking for things to climb and ways to endanger herself...and at work I can shut my office door and be quiet sometimes and I can have a peaceful cup of tea with no one insisting on sticking their little fingers into it...Small pleasures indeed but ones I have learnt to appreciate.

Babylon Five is mixed. The story is intricate and epic and interesting. Some of the individual scripts and acting are absolutely dire. But if you can handle first season Star Trek I'd say you'd probably enjoy it.

Its an epic marathon task to watch it all though.

Geekery said...

Return of the King Extended DVD and Band of Brothers are two of my most tresured DVDs, in fact I don;t think I've watched anything as many times as i have Band of Brothers..... Not sure what that say's about me though.....

Watson Woodworth said...

Babylon 5 is kind of like crossing srtaight forward science fiction and season 4 of Angel. Not only was it big with guys who couldn't get laid but it really did raise the bar for the genre.