Thursday, November 18, 2004

A tissue (gezundtheit)

Today, I inexplicably succumbed to hay fever. Inexplicable because I normally get it all-year round anyway and have the nasal spray to deal with it. I had the morning off (went for a walk, ended up in town, bought stuff), and when I got to work that familiar annoying tickle in my nostrils showed up. It's not a good look to be constantly pushing and pulling at one's nose, though it didn't seem to put off the kids signing up for the Summer Reading Programme. I had to keep swerving off to the Information Desk because I know there's a box of tissues there - possibly the only tissue supply in the whole library.

Use of public money to fund personal stomach-stapling is bad
I'm so glad that ACT is allowed to fire Donna Awatere-Huata. Knowing that she was still on her fat MP salary even after being found guilty of misappriating charity money, really appalled me. Now I can say nah nah nah nah nah...

Tonight's my second night on my lonesome. I've joked about having wild parties while the boy is away but I've become so accustomed to not having wild parties (and so much older and less able to stay up past 11pm) that I know it ain't gonna happen. It'll be early nights with one of my books, hours at the computer either researching or reading blogs and really crappy cooking (my own). Without my regular dose of loving neck- and back-rubs, I'm afraid I'll be rather Quasimodo-like by the time he gets back...

No comments: