Monday, November 15, 2004

He's leaving.....on a jet plane

My boy's leaving me - just for a week and a half, mind. He's off to New York to visit his wee daughter, whom he hasn't seen for maybe two years. He's looking forward to seeing her, but apparently not so looking forward to seeing her mum (and I should bloody hope not!). I'll miss him, sure, but the silver lining is that I'll be able to spend more time studying (or watching Star Trek episodes) without worrying that I'm neglecting him. I should give him my shopping list before he goes, too - some Clinique foundation, some Levis jeans...


5 comments:

Jon said...

Hi Violet. Thanks for your help while I was changing my blog template! :)

NY, huh? That's where I live. Hope he has a great time here with his daughter- and that he isn't harmed by the evil stepmother ;)

Violet said...

Jon - no problem. I don't know XHTML at all, which is what I think the creator of the blog template has used, but I figured if I kept trying different locations in the code I would get it to work in the end!

Violet said...

There seems to be a real divide between those who like Star Trek and those who like Star Wars. I hate the Star Wars movies (except perhaps the first one), and the boy can't stand the original Star Trek series. It's a topic worthy of some scholarly investigation...

Anonymous said...

Hi Violet - hope you have recovered from nasty bashing.
We were thinking we'd come over next week in readiness for your next birthday. I'll bring more juice.

Violet said...

Huh? My next birthday isn't for another 11 months, so even if you're gonna do what an un-named friend did (arrive a week early for the party) you'll still have a long wait.