Friday, November 19, 2004

Quiz Night

Since I don't have anyone to come home to for the next week and a bit, I decided to join our library team for the LIANZA quiz night. We didn't dress up, though a couple of other teams did, but we did come up with a prize-winning team name. Boguns' Heroes. (For my own personal definition of the word "bogun", see this post.

My best effort was in correctly matching four of Zeus' offspring with their respective mother's (or, in Athene's case, the oriface from which the offspring was born i.e. Zeus' forehead). My worst was telling the team scribe that Eurydice was the girl who had to spend every winter in Hades - it shoulda been Persephone.

Our team came sixth out of nine - nothing amazing but we beat the other two teams which were from public libraries. So you could say we won our category.

Anyway, I'm all tired because my boy woke me up at 3am with his phone call from New York, and I haven't done any study tonight because of the Quiz Night. That's why I'm blogging instead.

Oh yeah - no sign of The Little Shit this afternoon. I was almost sorry because I had a large black umbrella ready to fend him off, and one of the sterner librarians had come along for support.

1 comment:

Violet said...

It's a bit of an oxymoron though - she's a stern librarian who also loves people.

My boss, on the other hand, is a motherly librarian - not what I'd call stern at all.

Our team values diversity :-)