Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Unweaving a tangled web

The powers that be decided that the cable holes in our computer table needed enlarging, so I was asked to get the workspace ready before a pair of carpenters turned up to do their thing.

For the last half hour or so , I've been crawling around under a table, uplugging five computers and a printer. The table was cleverly designed to maximise the chances of banging my head on in it when I'm underneath (twice, to be exact). By the time I'd done that, and helped out with a massive registration party of foreign students, I was more than a little hot and sweaty. To add to the comfort was the shrill music of twin electric drills accompanied by the pungent smell of fresh sawdust.

It was almost enough to make me break out in a combined headache and asthma attack (but not quite).

No comments: