Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Creep-o-rama

There is one episode of X-Files which will always be lodged in my mind, and it's the one which still creeps me out now. The episode I'm talking about is the second one in Season Four, Home.

It's the one where Mulder and Scully investigate the discovery of a dead, malformed infant in a shallow grave...and are lead to the Peacocks - a family which has, for generations, played together, stayed together and bred together.

The sight of Mrs Peacock, limbless from a car accident a decade before and strapped to a board under the floor of her home, creeps me out even before she shows her deformed face.

The 'brothers' (the eldest of whom is also the father of the other two) are pretty ugly in a neanderthal kind of way. Listening to the eldest and his mummy dearest plot the family's regeneration in the boot of their car at the episode's end, is almost as appalling as watching the mother give birth in the opening scene.

Uggghhh!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

... and now for a vomit-break...

Casyn said...

X-Files certainly had a way with disturbing images. I didn't mind the show, but it was a bit too creepy at times.

The very first ep is airing here right at this moment. Odd coincidence!

Violet said...

We're the proud owners of Seasons 1-4 on DVD!

Anonymous said...

like, omigod, but I WAS JUST THINKING OF THE EP THE OTHER DAY! for NO REASON WHATSOEVER! ????

Violet said...

Xine, that episode is so well lodged in my mind; even though there is a gap of several years between the first time I saw it and the next time I saw it, I still catch myself getting the heebie-jeebies just remembering the yuckiest bits.