Tuesday, September 07, 2004

And so endeth Tuesday...

And continuing from the previous post, in the last hour at the desk before closing up, I had:

1. put a pile of books about the Olympics on the a table in the Childrens' area because after four weeks of it - the schoolkids...are...still...doing projects on the Olympic Games

2. inhaled a sandwich because I didn't have time for an afternoon break

3. tried unsuccessfully to get anything on our new computers to print out. Of course, the IT help desk guy came over and it worked fine.

4. muttered about all the fine-tipped pens on the desk which didn't have their caps on (some of you may think that's anal - I think it's common sense)

5. done a subject search on 'Ontario' which resulted in a book about Quebec (!)

6. been to the vehicle testing people, who won't give my a car a Warrant of Fitness because it needs work. Again.

7. finally fixed that darned library webpage - I have to edit it using a content management tool and it translated fonts and things really wierdly (wysiwyg my bloody foot!) - much frustration and puzzlement later, I got it so that it looks professional

Now I'm safely home and awaiting the Hell's Pizza delivery; then I'll sit down to watch Six Feet Under. Yeah, and perhaps read the a chapter of the Management textbook.

2 comments:

Violet said...

Thanks for your support...I think!
More printer problems since then include:

1. 2 of the computers only print if you do File-Print twice.

2. The CD-ROM computer wont print at all. Yesterday after I unplugged everything to allow carpenters to enlarge the cable holes in the table, I had to go drive the library bus. I'd hoped that someone more technical than I would get the job of putting the spaghetti back together again, but that wasn't to be. Now we seem to be missing one cable....

Violet said...

my partner, who is a super-geek super-manager, can't believe that I spent over a decade as a computer programmer and yet am surprisingly un-geeky. And the systems librarian at work is constantly amazed that, with my background, I am not all that cynical about computers i.e. I expect new software and hardware to work right away, when it usually takes lots of meddling. I guess that's why I decided to be a librarian and not a professional geek...