Monday, July 26, 2004

when computer networks go bad...

Apparently, the network connection between our branch library and the main servers was down most of last week (Wednesday through to Saturday).  This meant that, while books could be issued out by noting the appropriate barcodes on a piece of paper, returned books and transit books were stacked in the back room instead of being checked in.

Whoever got to 'man' the branch library on the first day that the network was up again, was in for a busy day of checking in and shelving.

That person was me.

I don't know how many books there were, but I do know that I only got a little over half of them checked in and shelved in the four hours that I was there.  I would've got the rest done too, except the customers were taking up my time as well...

I was so busy I didn't even get time to surf the 'Net, as I usually do when at the branch (which is normally fairly quiet most of the time).

No comments: