Monday, July 05, 2004

Back to reality

Well, that was my holiday for the rest of 2004. Fortunately, our first holiday together ever didn't result in big fights (well, we did have a tiff while we had a rental car and the boy forced me to navigate even though he knows I have no sense of direction and can't read maps). I did learn this about us; that he relaxes by playing computer games and reading, whereas I relax by sightseeing and doing touristy stuff. He's come back with some clearer sense of what he wants to do with his career, I've come back flabbier and impatient to get back to the gym. (As I've gotten older, I've lost fitness faster if I stopped excercising, and taken longer to get back into shape afterwards - to my dismay.)

The house has stopped smelling like it's been sealed up for the last couple of weeks (which it had), although the bedclothes still smell like a musty second-hand clothes shop (no doubt because they haven't been changed for three weeks). Yuk. It was enough to put me off my sleep last night.

No comments: