Thursday, July 22, 2004

imperfect skin

If you want to believe I'm utterly fabulous-looking, you'd better skip the following paragraph...
 
What scare I gave myself this morning at work, when I looked at my face in the mirror.  The light moisturizer which had, until now, been adequate for keeping dryness at bay, didn't work today.  The foundation which I'd applied before leaving home, and which looked perfect at the time, was all caky - I looked like the surface of some drought-stricken African mud-flat.  There were no emergency containers of foundation or moisturizer available, so I had to make do with picking off the flakiest bits and dabbing on a bit of tapwater for hydration.  This meant I had to walk around all day with naked zit scars on my chin.  I am a Libran after all, and I hate to not look my best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah I know what you mean. Once I left for work wearing the "wrong" glasses--the ones I taped up to wear at home to save the other pair a bit of life. I had to turn back and face up that I would be late. Who wouldn't?

Anonymous said...

And the horror, when you look in an unfamiliar mirror, and in that particular light, see all those fine lines the disgusting television ads tell you that you must obliterate...

Violet said...

There's a reason why candle light is considered romantic, eh?