Friday, February 06, 2004

Film and Philosophy

More along the lines of what I've already been reading, here is an on-line course called Philosophical Films.
For a refreshing change, The Matrix does not make it into the list of films to be studied. In fact, the list is quite small and includes only a few which I have seen - all of them fairly old e.g.
Apocalypse Now
Educating Rita
What dreams may come
(which I found totally boring, despite it being a Vincent Ward film)
and A Heart in Winter.

For each film you get a plot summary, a discussion of the themes, and a related philosophical reading.

There are also study questions if you're really keen. I hope Dr Bramann adds some more recent films to this course, though not The Matrix - I've definitely overloaded on philosophical ramblings on that movie....

No comments: