Sunday, August 08, 2010

twitchy fingers

On Friday evening I ran out of yarn and had to stop work on my cardigan. And all weekend, during those quiet moments when I'm not eating or playing with TLM or taking my mum out on Pak 'n' Save marathons,  I have felt restless and didn't know what to do with myself.

So the answer would be to buy some more yarn and get knitting again. But what to do when the cardigan is finished - unravel it and start again? Because I'm realising that this is not exactly a cheap hobby, even if I can find sources which are reasonably priced.

However, re-making the same thing over and over again, well that would be ridiculous - like digging and filling a line of holes in the ground (which sounds like a work-for-dole scheme from way back).

Is this a little bit like how smokers feel when they run out of ciggies (never mind the physiological dependency)?

Actually, it's very likely I will be remaking the cardigan, because the sleeves are ludicrously baggy when knitted according to the design. Plus, I never have particularly liked garter stitch...

1 comment:

Kiwiyarns said...

Haha. I know that feeling! Which is why I now have several projects on the go at once. I think the pattern for your cardi looks lovely. You should try finishing it! Sometimes something looks really great once done, even if you're not very sure about it when you're knitting it.