Monday, May 31, 2010

The upside of being sick

  • I get to experience being cared for by the boy, who is an excellent nursie
  • There were no complaints when I decided to watch the whole of Season Two of Gilmore girls over three days (I've been sick since Thursday, but hardly conscious enough to watch telly until Saturday)
  • It's nice and warm in my living room, but nasty cold outside, so I didn't mind being stuck at home
  • by this afternoon, I was well enough to play Junior Monopoly with TLM - which I don't usually get time to do if I've been working all day
  • and hopefully, the boss will see to it that I can take a few days off to get out of town for something fun with the family
The cold has, as predicted, moved chest-ward (ho!). But at least it's left my brain.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh junior monopoly does that mean it only drags on for half the annoying time that normal monopoly does? I kind of wish I was sick... I am "looking after" Ray today which seems to involve a lot more cooking, dishes and tidying up than usual...

Pollyanna_H said...

Get well soon Violet!

Antoinette said...

The very best conditions in which to be sick are when you're able to find some comfort. So hurrah for lots of creature comforts for you!

LK said...

Hope you get better soon, love TLM's monopoly phrase. It's a great sentence and you know little kids shouldn't be saying ass but it sounds so damn cute when they do.

Amanda said...

I'm glad you are being well taken care of and that you are feeling better. I hope you took today (Tuesday) off as well though because it's pretty crappy outside and a good day to huddle inside being warm.

Violet said...

Thanks for your nice comments; I am definitely much better today (yes I did go in to work and managed to avoid coughing into anyone). We cannot stop TLM from learning unsavory words. She even said "penis" the other day, and neither the boy nor I have taught her that one.