Thursday, July 08, 2010

A holiday's a comin'

I dared to ask the boss for a week off early next month...and she let me have the time off!

I was so happy to get her emailed reply that I clapped my hands like a little kid and hopped about in my seat. Then I emailed the happy news to the boy and left work for the day.

So it looks like we are going to spend some time in Waitomo, home of the famous Waitomo Caves (glow worms and blackwater rafting - that's all I know about it). None of us have been there before, so it should be exciting for all of us. It's just a matter of finding some accommodation which is reasonably priced, warm and comfortable, and - preferably - has a separate bedroom so we can send TLM to bed without having to sit in the dark ourselves for the rest of the evening.

Hee hee hee...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Waitomo when I was a kid and seem to remember it was pretty awesome.

Spencer Park said...

I hope that you have a really great week - it sounds like you deserve it!

Desiree said...

Absolutely loved the Waitomo Caves. The Cathedral Cavern is simply awesome. We stayed at the Palm Court Motel which was reasonably close by - can't remember how much it was.
Have an awesome time!

Amanda said...

Yay holidays! We've had very good experiences staying at top ten holiday parks throughout NZ. Haven't stayed at the Waitomo one though.

Are you going to be there the whole week? If so, the caves are pretty awesome & worth seeing but, I'd have to say, when we went in 2009 it didn't strike me there was a whole lot to do in the surrounding area which seemed quite run down and rural

Violet said...

donnasoowho: good. I always meant to go blackwater rafting, but now would be far too cold!

Spencer: thanks!

Desiree: thatnks for the recommendation. I'll look it up on the 'Net.

A: yeah ya can't holidays. And I'm gonna take my knitting with me so it won't matter to me if there's bugger all to do!