It took several weeks to finish, but I did. I haven't gotten around to taking a photo of the boy's Slytherin scarf yet, but I will.
In the meantime, I have been working on a bright green Sonnet cardigan, a freebie from the Knitty website. What it's really got going for it is that, in theory at least, the knitting pattern works with any gauge.
And the main reason I chose this pattern was because the yarn I'd already bought didn't seem to work with the cardigan I really wanted to make, Trina, a freebie I found on Ravelry. I couldn't seem to get the right knitting gauge and will probably have to look for a thicker yarn for that one.
I hope I don't finish before we go on holiday, because we are bound to have quiet evenings while we're away - and it's too expensive to buy more than one garment's worth of yarn every coupla months.