Sunday, August 23, 2009

An early spring

For once, the skimpy dresses in floral chiffon that decorate every women's dress shop window, are not entirely out of sync with the weather. In other words, we've been having some pretty nice weather lately.

We are having an early spring. Apparently this doesn't necessarily translate to a longer-than-usual spring, just an early one - which ultimately means an early end to summer. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the clothes-drying temperatures. I just love sitting outside on the step, feeling the warmth on my skin, even if it means risking a sunburn-induced cold sore. It makes me wonder whether I can do a goth-summer kind of look, because florals really aren't my thing.

There's one other thing. If it is spring already, then I have officially been sick ALL winter.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It was a lovely day. All winter? You poor old thing. I think you are owed a fantastic summer with no illness whatsoever.

Antoinette said...

I am not big into frilly / flowy florals either -- that's one reason I so enjoyed the Balenciaga collection from 2 years ago now (?), which used bright florals in very structured, even military-looking, shapes.

What do you think Goth summer would look like? I'm intrigued.

Violet said...

mtnw: yes, I sure AM!

Antoinette: I dunno, but there will probably be a lot of black...