Monday, October 29, 2007

Professionally good-looking?


A fellow parent today suggested that The Little Madam is so cute she could do it for a living. I've thought of it myself, but this is the first time someone else has mentioned the idea. Of course, I'd never want her to be a teen model - I've heard scary things about what happens to 13-year-olds when they get sent to Milan for "finishing". But modelling little kids' clothes, that would certainly earn a few dollars towards her education fund, eh?

4 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I have a friend who has her daughter registered with a child's modelling agency. It seems they're often looking for certain types of child to model, act etc, so maybe with TLM's Asian features, she'd have a good chance. She might even enjoy it and if she doesn't then you've learned something.

If I were you, I'd definitely look into it. My friend told me though that you have to be absolutely exact about your child's height and measurements though and if you get called to a casting and your child is even a couple of cms off the required measurements, the casting agents can get a bit snarky. So, you know, the whole bitchy modelling thing starts even when they're young, but it's the parents who bear the brunt!

Violet said...

ms mac: thanks for the advice. Though if her measurements have to be exact then I'd have to re-measure her every couple of weeks!

Lumpyheadsmom said...

She would be an adorable child model. Sign her up.

Violet said...

lumpyheadsmom: I think so. But no sailor suits.